Sunday 5 May 2013

Christmas Shaped Card...


I know it's not Christmas but crafter's make these all year round so I was delighted to be asked to be a guest designer in May for  http://www.christmascardchallenges.blogspot.com/ 

The idea of the challenge is to make a Christmas, holiday or Hanukkah card and this week it's...
Week 23 - Shaped Cards


"Holidays House"



What you need to make this card:
House shape template from Craftwork Cards
1 blank 8 x 8 card
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fired Brick - used with distress tool
Any red ribbons you have
Stickers: "Home for The Holidays" WRMK
              Candy Cane sticker from stash non branded
Papers:   12 x 12 Green - My Minds Eye and Red - Making Memories Skinny Stripe (reverse side)
For the snow Martha Stewart Glitter Glue pen
Black liner pen for the windows
Glossy accents for the windows and as a general glue
Foam Pads

How to:
To make this I traced around the house template butting the non chimney side to the spine of the card so it would stand up.  Alternatively you can cut two and score the back one (sticking it above the score line) so it stands up and you can open it.  I cut this out and edged with the Distress Ink.
The top of the card is where it will open.

Next I used the template again to cut out the green and the red for the roof.  I used the leftovers and cut the windows free hand as I didn't want them perfectly square.  I edged all the papers again with the same ink and stuck them on the card using glossy accents.  Then I glued on the ribbons, both from a red set I purchased from QVC UK a few years ago and stuck the Holiday sticker on the roof.
For the windows I used a fine liner to put a cross on the windows then the glossy accents to make them look like glass and edged it all with the Martha Stewart glitter glue.  Once dry stick them to the house using foam pads. Repeat with the door and add a wreath or Candy Cane sticker.  Covered everything in the glitter glue and left it to dry!

It was quick to make so might make a few more for this years cards!

Hope you like my first week's card and look back next week for a new holiday card.

Kay x

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, thanks for the awesome tutorial! It's such a cute card! Congrats on being chosen to be on the GDT for CCC! It's lovely to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Rinne you are so kind, Hope the tutorials help. I always try to put them on if it's an easy make but just looks complicated! x

    ReplyDelete