Friday 6 April 2012

Silhouette & Stamps

Managed to make 2 cards when I got home after dinner out last night, then 3 more this afternoon.  Even started a scrapbook page, but then gave up when I realised how much mess I was making & dinner was ready!  Seem to have everything to hand for card making these days!  


This I made for a family friend a few months ago, she is adorable so wanted to make something different.  I had then only recently ordered the Lindsay Mason stamps Hoist The Flags from QVC and hadn't used them so thought I'd try them out!


Used a scrap bit of green and blue card for the background and then got stamping on some white card using stamping up pixie pink.  I just used pro markers on the castle and bunting.  There were some tree stamps in the pack but I just stamped them in blue and cut off the trunk, turned them upside down and they made great clouds!   Added Martha Stewart pink glitter to the castle, green for definition for the grass and blue to the clouds and stuck it all down with foam pads. Once mounted on mirri and pink card I didn't think it needed anything else.


Used some scrap silver mirri and pink card to cut out the shapes on the silhouette. and matt & layered them up together again using foam pads.  Finally edged the card with  Pearlescent Orchid Brilliance dew drop ink pad and it was finished! Turned out to be a really quick card to make.


Spent a great afternoon at a Play centre (ball pools are painful though!) and birthday tea was enjoyed by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment